Melaniq® is a food supplement for hair pigmentation, specifically designed to support your body’s ability to produce melanin, the natural pigment that gives your hair its colour. It contains copper, the mineral that is essential for the synthesis of melanin. Melanin is produced in specialised cells, called melanocytes. The initial step of melanin biosynthesis is catalysed by the enzyme tyrosinase, which contains copper at its active site. It utilises L-tyrosine, which is also an activator of the whole process, as well as the initial substrate. When your hair follicles are not getting enough nutrients and minerals or, for example, when the melanocytes can’t cope with the oxidative stress anymore, the ability to produce melanin may gradually terminate. As a result, your hair turns grey. By combining copper with L-tyrosine, essential vitamins, a strong antioxidant and a seaweed of high nutritional value, scientists at Oxford Biolabs have recently improved Melaniq®, making it the first choice when it comes to supporting your natural hair colour with a food supplement.
- Contains copper, which contributes to normal hair pigmentation.
- Specifically formulated to support the body’s ability to produce melanin.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Manufactured in Germany.
You save: £18.90
TAKE CONTROL OF GREYING HAIR WITH MELANIQ®
Melaniq® has been created for those experiencing premature greying and greying in general, as well as for those who would like to tackle greying hair.
MELANIQ® FOOD SUPPLEMENT FOR HAIR PIGMENTATION
As people age, their chances of going grey increase because hair follicles start losing the ability to produce pigmented hair. For many, the process of greying begins in their thirties, with 74% of men and women going significantly grey between the ages of 45 and 65. Having recognised that the premature ageing of hair is an issue of both physical and emotional concern, the team of Oxford Biolabs scientists has come up with an innovative approach.
By combining copper with L-tyrosine, essential vitamins, a strong antioxidant and a seaweed of high nutritional value, they developed a unique formula to support natural hair colour. Melaniq®, a food supplement for hair pigmentation, is the result of world-leading research and a combination of high quality, naturally-based ingredients. Three capsules of Melaniq® taken per day can contribute to normal hair pigmentation and the maintenance of natural hair colour.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Support of normal hair pigmentation.
- The supply of important nutrients necessary for melanin biosynthesis that can help to slow down the process of greying.
- No major side effects.
- No hormone interference.
WHAT SHOULD I NOT EXPECT?
- Reversal of grey hair. Melaniq® is developed for men and women who are experiencing greying in the early stages, or those wishing to delay the onset of grey hair. The effect in more advanced stages of greying will be less pronounced.
- An immediate effect. Taking Melaniq® regularly and over a prolonged period of time is critical to success.
HOW IT WORKS
The enzyme at the heart of hair pigment production is tyrosinase. The activity of this important enzyme is dependent on the availability of copper, which is built into the active centre of tyrosinase. It has been shown that people suffering from premature greying have a reduced level of copper in their blood serum. An insufficient supply of copper results in the reduced activity of tyrosinase and hence reduced pigment production, ultimately causing the onset of grey hair. Therefore, Melaniq® contains copper and L-tyrosine, the starting molecule as well as activator of melanin biosynthesis. Biotin, which is also part of the Melaniq® formula, contributes to the maintenance of normal hair. These core ingredients are found within a blend of complementary compounds: key vitamins (D, B12, folic acid), natural plant extracts (green tea (contains epigallocatechin-3-gallate), Japanese pagoda tree bark (contains quercetin), tomato (contains lycopene)), as well as the brown algae Ascophyllum nodosum. During the process of greying, melanocytes may also slowly lose their ability to cope with oxidative damage. For this purpose the formula is completed with vitamin C, which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. This unique formulation of Melaniq® can supply the nutrients your body needs for the maintenance of natural hair colour.
Customers are responsible for making sure that they are allowed to import our dietary supplement product. If customs in your country returns your order to us for any reason, we will refund to your credit card account the total of your purchase minus twice your shipping charge (because we must pay our carrier the same shipping charge to return the order to us), plus any other charges incurred, such as quarantine or warehousing fees assessed by customs in your country.
MULTIPLE SHIPPING ADDRESSES
To ship to more than one address, please place a separate order for each shipping address.
If you have questions about your order, you may email your inquiry to email@example.com. Customer service hours are 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. UTC, Monday through Friday.
THE TRX2® MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
TRX2's regular 60-day money-back guarantee is available to all international customers. If you decide to return an order for any reason, your credit card account will be fully credited for the amount of the purchase (excluding shipping - see details under Shipping Restrictions).
Email [email protected] to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization. Return the bottle(s) with the unused contents to:
FOR ALL CUSTOMERS EXCEPT USA:
Oxford Biolabs Ltd.
c/o Mailcom AG
FOR USA CUSTOMERS ONLY:
Oxford Biolabs USA LLC
Specialty Fulfillment Center Inc
3 - 17th Avenue South
Nampa, ID 83651
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS: THE BASICS
- How long will it take to see results from Melaniq®?
- The result from taking Melaniq® can vary between individuals. However, first visible signs of slowed down hair colour change may be expected as early as five months after first taking the supplement, provided the dosage recommendations are followed carefully.*
- Is Melaniq® suitable for all ages?
- Melaniq® is suitable for almost all age groups. But it is not intended to be used by minors or pregnant women.
- Has Melaniq® been developed for both men and women?
- Yes, Melaniq® has been developed for both men and women. It contains no hormones or ingredients that interfere with hormonal metabolism.
- Can Melaniq® be taken at the same time as TRX2® or other food supplements or vitamins?
- Yes, Melaniq® can be taken at the same time as other food supplements and vitamins. However, it should be ensured that the tolerable upper intake level of an individual compound or vitamin is not exceeded.
- Can Melaniq® be taken with prescription drugs?
- Before taking any dietary supplement and prescription drug simultaneously, a doctor or other suitably qualified healthcare professional should be consulted. Melaniq® is not recommended for people taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) or those suffering from hypertension.
- Should a doctor be consulted before taking Melaniq®?
- Melaniq® is not a drug or medicine, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. It is a patent-pending food supplement containing nutrients to help maintain hair pigmentation. However, a doctor or other suitably qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any food supplement.
- Why is it recommended Melaniq® be taken with food?
- Melaniq® is absorbed more efficiently into the bloodstream when taken together with food.
- At what time of day is it best to take Melaniq®?
- Melaniq® can be taken at any time of day, as long as the dosage recommendations are followed. However, it is recommended to take one capsule each with the main meals of the day, in the morning at noon and in the evening.
- Is Melaniq® approved by any regulatory agency such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), or the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)?
- Melaniq® is a non-prescription food supplement product. It is therefore sold in accordance with major international food directives, such as the EU (European Union) Food Supplements Directive 2002/46/EC and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act, passed by the United States Congress in 1994. This Act allows the marketing of dietary supplements without prior approval by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). However, the FDA still exerts general oversight over product safety and supervises the marketing claims made for dietary supplements.
- What do regulatory agencies, such as the FDA, the MHRA, and the EFSA, recommend in regards to evaluating and buying dietary supplements, such as Melaniq®?
- The United Kingdom Food Standards Agency provides free consumer information at: http://www.food.gov.uk/safereating/chemsafe/supplements/consumer/ The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) offers 'Tips for Dietary Supplement Users' at: http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/UsingDietarySupplements/ucm110567.htm
- How should Melaniq® be stored?
- Melaniq® should be stored in a cool and dry place, and not be exposed to direct sunlight.
- How do you ensure the quality of Melaniq®?
- Oxford Biolabs is serious and honest about the products it sells to its consumers, aiming to provide safe, high-quality treatments that deliver effective results. Products are developed in compliance with the most rigorous quality standards. Melaniq® capsules are made in Germany at an innovative manufacturing plant that is licensed by the European Union according to the highest quality standards. The raw materials used in Melaniq® received individual Certificates of Analysis that affirm their composition. Every ingredient, as well as the corresponding packaging materials, is subjected to strenuous quality testing before being accepted into the plant. Throughout the manufacturing process, written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) govern every stage of development.
- Can Melaniq® be taken at the same time as alcohol?
- It is not recommended for Melaniq® to be taken at the same time as alcohol as this can hamper absorption of nutrients into the bloodstream.
- Have patents for Melaniq® been filed?
- Yes. Melaniq® is a patent pending food supplement.
- What are the natural dietary sources of each of the major Melaniq® components?
- The principal dietary sources of copper are nuts, legumes, green leafy vegetables, seafood, and sesame seeds. The principal dietary sources of L-tyrosine are seaweed, spirulina, and protein-rich foods such as meat, poultry, seafood, beans, tofu, lentils, bananas, sunflower seeds, and milk. The principal dietary sources of catechins are green tea, apples, cocoa, and prunes. The principal dietary sources of Vitamin C are acerola, sea buckthorn, bell pepper, black currant, parsley, broccoli, kiwi, papaya, and citrus fruits. The principal dietary sources of quercetin are capers, lovage, sorrel, radish, dill, coriander, red onion, radicchio, and kale. The principal dietary sources of lycopene are tomatoes, watermelons, pink grapefruit, papaya and, rose hips. The principal dietary sources of biotin are cereals, chocolate, egg yolks, legumes, milk, and nuts. The principal dietary sources of Vitamin D are mushrooms, cheese, and egg yolks. The principal dietary sources of vitamin B12 are liver, fish eggs, mackerel, crab meat, and milk. The principal dietary sources of folic acid are avocados, beetroot, spinach, liver, yeast, asparagus, and Brussels sprouts.
- How is the dose of Melaniq® determined?
- It is recommended that three capsules be taken each day with food. All three capsules may be taken together or at separate times, however we recommend taking one capsule each with the main meals of the day, in the morning at noon and in the evening. This recommendation is based on a number of studies and publications carried out over the past few years. Each of the key ingredients were studied separately over a wide range of doses in order to determine the levels at which the ingredients are well tolerated and can best contribute to the maintenance of normal hair pigmentation. However, every human body is unique in terms of its metabolism and genetic variability.
- Does Melaniq® contain any major food allergens?
- According to EU regulation 1169/2011, the most frequent triggers of allergies and food intolerances are gluten, crustacean shellfish, eggs, fish, peanuts, soybeans, milk, nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, sulfur dioxide and sulphites, lupines and molluscs. The Melaniq® formula and its ingredients per se contain no ‘major food allergens’. However, traces of major allergens may not be excluded due to the fact that the equipment used for encapsulation at our manufacturing plant is also used for the production of other products, which may contain traces of major allergens. Should you experience any allergic reactions and/or side effects, stop taking Melaniq® and consult a doctor or healthcare professional for further guidance.
- Is Melaniq® suitable for vegetarians?
- Yes, Melaniq® is suitable for vegetarians.
- What are the possible side effects of taking Melaniq®?
- The ingredients in the Melaniq® capsules consist entirely of drug-free compounds, all of which occur naturally or are synthesised as normal metabolites within the human body. If any reactions occur whilst taking Melaniq®, consumption should be stopped immediately and a doctor or other suitably qualified healthcare professional consulted. Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid consuming Melaniq® due to the lack of long-term safety data.